“My child is so unique and special! I want to be the best parent that I can possibly be for my child.” As parents, isn’t this our heart’s desire?
We search to find just the right activities and experiences that will benefit our children and help them grow to their fullest potential, such as baby development classes or toddler music classes. We check reviews, ask friends, and spend countless hours to find and decide on just the right toys, foods, books, music, play, clothes, activities for toddlers, and the list goes on… Everything that touches the lives of our children must pass THE ultimate test – the PARENT TEST!
This unwritten Parent Test is full of many questions and concerns that automatically become an ingrained part of our thought process. Many times these questions are so automatic that they become almost instinctive. If you took the time to write it down, your Parent Test may look a little like this:
- I want my child’s LANGUAGE skills to develop. Does this help my child develop a love for books and reading?
- I know early learning is important for my child’s COGNITIVE development. Is this helping my child learn something new in an age-appropriate and enjoyable way?
- Healthy EMOTIONAL development is key to growing into a confident and secure individual. Does this help strengthen the parent-child bond and help my child feel good about himself?
- My child needs an opportunity to develop PHYSICALLY. How can I help my child actively explore skills like running, jumping, galloping, and skipping?
- My child and I both need a SOCIAL outlet. Is there a place where we both can benefit from a positive group experience that also teaches my child social skills like sharing, playing cooperatively, and making friends?
- I recognize the importance of MUSIC for my child’s total development. Does this teach and inspire my child to be more musical, to be prepared for music lessons in the future, and ultimately, to have instilled a lifelong love for and enjoyment of music?
For over 30 years, Kindermusik has passed the Parent Test with flying colors, time and time again. That’s because the powerful combination of the Kindermusik classroom experience and our Home Materials empower parents to instill a lifelong love of music and learning and capitalize on all of the rich benefits of music for children during that critical window of early learning.
It’s also because our research and experience has shown time and time again that music and movement are the best vehicles for helping a child reach his or her fullest potential in every developmental category – language, cognitive, emotional, physical, social, and music.
Simply stated, there is no better way to enhance your child’s early development and learning or to inspire their natural love of music than Kindermusik.
We invite you to experience the magic of Kindermusik for yourself. Try a free
Edited and revised by Theresa Case, whose Kindermusik program at Piano Central Studios in Greenville, SC, is proudly among the top 1% of Kindermusik programs worldwide.