Are you doing your life’s best work? We are! Kindermusik International, the world’s most trusted name in music education for young children (www.kindermusik.com), is taught in more than 5,000 studios and schools worldwide. We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to enhance the Kindermusik brand through innovation and strong concepts that come to life through consistent execution and storytelling.
At Kindermusik, you will find yourself in the company of other high achievers who are passionate about doing their life’s best work, and driven by the opportunities and challenges that come with being part of a small, employee-owned company devoted to the mission of bringing music to every child’s life.
Our team has won numerous awards: Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Most Family Friendly, Fast 50, etc. We’re crazy entrepreneurial (translation: there is always a lot going on). You’ll be held accountable – we all are, to each other. Boredom is a non-issue; being continually stretched, that’s more like it. We’ll want you to learn and deliver pronto – no time for delay when you’re out to change the world for children and to delight our customer community.
About the role
If you can spot an extra space from 10 feet away and regularly ruminate on whether a serif or nonserif font will best convey your message, we want to talk to you. You should have a passion for art and impactful design that effectively communicates key marketing messages to drive traffic and revenue. We are looking for someone who is a natural storyteller with strong illustration, design, photography, video and typography skills.
As Graphic Designer, you will report to our Senior Director of Marketing and work closely with our product development, sales and operations teams. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. This position requires an understanding of project management, expense control, and promoting new and existing products and services.
Location: Greensboro, NC
Scope of Responsibilities
- Plan, create and execute compelling print, digital and motion graphics to enhance and promote the Kindermusik brand.
- Use of layout, typography, photography, illustration and motion graphics to create visual assets that inform and drive traffic and sales
- Apply graphic and information design principle to enhance the usability of Web and print content
- Partner with product development team and operations to provide graphics, illustration, packaging and marketing assets to promote success of new and existing products
- Brainstorm new and creative strategies to effectively communicate the Kindermusik brand story
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Specialist to create social and digital advertising graphics optimized to improve lead generation efforts
- Conduct studio photography for eCommerce sites as well as videography and lifestyle photography for marketing promotions and product info/training including photo and video editing and exporting in optimized file formats
- Collaborate with marketing agencies and partner vendors
- Maintain and enforce brand standards and requirements and work with brand partners and licensed educators to ensure proper execution of the Kindermusik brand
- Manage the Kindermusik asset library and ensure all public-facing materials reflect current brand standards
Performance & Success Measures
- Engagement, Inquiries, Leads, Conversion (CPA) and Retention
- Net Promoter Score
- Digital Marketing ROI
- Broad-based feedback from colleagues
- Key Performance Indicators
- BS degree in graphic design, visual communications or other related field
- Proven work experience leading and managing creative design for digital and print marketing campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising creative campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in user experience, app and Web design, managing ecommerce site(s) as well as design for SEO ad campaigns
- Demonstration of print design skills including packaging, catalog, posters, promotional items, direct mail
- Understanding of social media and creative effective graphics for all social platforms
- Solid aptitude for email design, programming, execution and analytics
- Strong photography and photo editing skills
- Experience in storyboarding, video, editing and formatting video files for execution
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro
- Experience communicating and maintaining brand standards and asset library management
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the creation of graphics, photography and video
- Robust portfolio of work presenting a broad range of capabilities and styles
- Self-directed, highly motivated and organized
- Flexible and adaptable to entrepreneurial work environment
- Able to think and execute creatively and with a high degree of craft
- Resourceful – stretches people and money, compresses time
- Collaborative – works with peers across many functions within the company
- Results oriented and can roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Sense of urgency
- High integrity and trustworthy - understands organization that is transparent and owner operated
Kindermusik is a 100% Employee Owned company and offers a comprehensive compensation/benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.