At the beginning of January, we often reflect on the passing of another year. For parents, that might mean celebrating all of those “firsts” that happened last year like a baby’s first steps, a little one’s first time sleeping through the night, or maybe that first tooth (or first lost tooth!). In the life of a young child, so many firsts happen in one year! For early childhood teachers, it might mean celebrating how much your students have grown in confidence and abilities.
For us at Kindermusik, we also like to look back at all of the amazing new music research published in the last 12 months that helps answer the question, “Why Music?” After all, we recognize how music really does give children a good beginning that never ends. We invite you to travel with us down Abbey Road Memory Lane as we highlight 11 of our favorite blog posts from 2014, including new research about the power of music.
11 Blog Posts from 2014 about the Benefits of Music Education
- 4 Benefits of Music for Babies
- Music Is a Parent’s Secret Super Power
- 10 Reasons to Give Babies Daily Dose of Music
- Where Are the Future Scientists? In a Music Class for Kids
- 3 Ways Kids Unknowingly Learn Math through Music
- New Research: Music Can Offset Children’s Academic Gaps
- Music Makes Kids Hungry for Learning (and Reading!)
- Musical Learning on the Brain
- 6 Ways Music Delivers on the Promise of Early Learning
- 10 Reasons Why Toddlers Thrive in Early Childhood Music Classes
- New Research Alert: Playing Instruments Boosts Kids’ Brainpower
Want to see these blog posts in action? Contact your local Kindermusik educator at www.Kindermusik.com and come visit a class.
Contributed by Lisa Camino Rowell. A freelance writer living in the Atlanta area.