At Kindermusik, we’re all about great ideas and helpful tips that make parenting just a little bit easier and a whole lot more musical. And now that Spring is just around the corner, we thought we’d share some music and movement ideas for celebrating spring… and creating some very happy memories!
5 Ways to Celebrate Spring with Music and Movement
1. Go for a listening walk.
There are all kinds of sounds to be discovered outside, especially in the Spring time. Listen for, imitate, and then talk about the sounds that are all around.
2. Take advantage of springtime showers.
Those brief, light spring showers do more than bring May flowers… they also leave perfectly sized puddles that are great for jumping, stomping, splashing, and giggling!
3. Blow bubbles on the porch.
There’s nothing more delightful than bubbles. But bubbles aren’t just for fun, they also help little eyes learn to track and follow moving objects and little eyes and hands to improve eye-hand coordination.
4. Do a happy dance in the house.
Turn on your favorite music and float like a cloud, sway like a tree, fly like a bird, or wiggle like a worm. (This would be a great follow up to your Listening Walk, and it’s a fun thing for the whole family to enjoy!)
5. Work on some spring cleaning together.
We think music makes everything better, and that includes spring cleaning. Give your child a soft cloth or small duster and let them help. Sing and dance the chores away!
And for more fun ways to celebrate Spring and all things new…
- Check out these great kids’ activities and crafts to celebrate Spring from ivillage.com
- Peruse this list of “Best Children’s Books for Celebrating Spring” from pbs.org
- Try a free Kindermusik class today so you have even more ideas for making your home and your child more musical!