At Kindermusik, our mission revolves around early music education, but you don’t have to be a musician or an educator to join our team. We are a 100% employee-owned company (What’s that? Learn more here.) actively looking for individuals who care about equitable learning outcomes for children everywhere, and believe that it starts with high-quality teaching and endless family support. That commitment plays out in everything from customer service, to curricula design, to product distribution. So, wherever your talents lie, we’d love to see them in action!
Under “Work for Corporate”, you’ll find all current openings for Kindermusik International. The “Teach Classes” tab lists instructor positions for privately owned music studios.
Explore our current positions for Kindermusik International. While our headquarters is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, some positions can be fulfilled remotely. Please read the descriptions below for details.
Are you doing your life’s best work? If not, it is a great time to join a company where you can make a difference in this world by providing exceptional music education to young children. We are Kindermusik International, the world’s leading publisher of music and movement education curricula, and one of North Carolina’s most respected employers.
Kindermusik International is seeking a Shipping Associate to join our hands-on, fast-paced goal-oriented team. To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-motivating, detail-oriented individual that is results driven with multi-tasking skills and is ready to roll up your sleeves and get down to work.
The ideal candidate will work at our distribution center in Greensboro, NC with hours 8:00am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Duties would include but not be limited to:
● Picking, packing, and labeling of orders.
● Domestic and international shipping of orders using FedEx, DHL, or LTL carriers.
● Prepare necessary documentation required for international shipments.
● Load and unload inbound and outbound LTL, FTL and container shipments as needed.
● Assemble kits as needed for inventory fulfillment.
● Respond to inquiries from fellow employees regarding order and shipping status.
● Count stock as part of cycle count inventory control process.
● 3-5 years shipping & warehousing experience required.
● Experience with multiple shipping software (FedEx, DHL) required.
● Ability to complete various activities in the warehouse that may require hours of lifting, standing, or carrying.
● Ability to lift 50 pounds as needed.
● Forklift certified with license preferred.
● Work history that demonstrates reliability, dependability, and punctuality
● Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
● Strong attention to detail and exceptional standards for quality.
● Must be able to multi-task and shift focus immediately as the business demands.
● Ability to work well both on your own and within a team environment.
● Basic understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a plus.
● Post High School education or training is a plus.
● May engage in some repetitive motion.
● May engage in frequent bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling of parts and part containers.
● Ability to continuously lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh 50+ pounds.
● May engage in climbing a ladder or order picking truck to second or third level pallet locations.
● May engage in inventory movement utilizing pallet jacks and forklift machinery.
Kindermusik International is 100% employee owned. We are a family friendly company and offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, ten paid holidays and generous amounts of paid time off.
To find a Kindermusik studio that is hiring in your area, type in your address below and search.
All Kindermusik studios are operated by Independent Kindermusik Business Owners.
In 2002, Kindermusik International employees purchased the company from its previous investors to create an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Once you begin employment, you accrue stock. On your 5th anniversary, you become fully vested. This is designed to not only provide you additional monetary benefits but a meaningful voice in the vision, growth, decision-making, and success of the company.
No, we provide the music, books, activities, etc. Studios that offer Kindermusik curricula are typically small, privately owned businesses. We also provide kits to schools and other early learning environments.
We do! Currently, about half of Kindermusik International employees are fully remote. We rely on Slack for day-to-day communication and regularly use virtual meeting tools like Zoom.
Yes, we offer competitive paid time off (PTO), full benefit package options, and employee stock ownership. We also close for all major US holidays and offer floating holidays in addition to standard vacation.
Check our job listings above or send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proudly headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA, where it all started. However, we have employees located around the country!
Yes, we require both for all positions.
Please continue to check the job listings above. We are a growing company and often have a variety of positions available.
Want to learn more about our company culture? See how our mission, vision, and core values drive what we do, and take a peek at how we’ve evolved over 40+ years.