[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]It fits; it really fits. In fact, there’s no better fit in the preschool years or for a preschool curriculum than music and music classes. Here are a few reasons why.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
- Introducing children to abstract musical concepts will also develop their abstract thinking skills, expressive speaking, and creative expression.
- Learning musical terminology significantly expands a child’s vocabulary, language awareness, and literacy development.
- A child’s physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and language development is not just nurtured, it can actually be accelerated with the music class experience.
- Music classes encourage every child to be a contributor to the learning process, providing a secure learning environment where children explore, grow, contribute, and flourish.
- A regular weekly music class is a unique setting that continually invites new ideas, curiosity, investigation, listening, engagement, and discovery – all of which promote confidence and self-esteem.
- With a music curriculum that is enriched with a carefully integrated selection and development of musical concepts and activities, each child experiences physical, emotional, social, cognitive, language and musical development – development that is not just supported, but also enhanced.
- Outside of the music class time, songs and rhymes can easily be carried over throughout the day, easing transitions, enriching learning, encouraging cooperation, and improving classroom management.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you’re looking for that square peg for your square hole, look no further than Kindermusik @School. Kindermusik offers easy-to-implement curriculum solutions that are already at work in all types of early childhood learning environments – all around the world. Here’s how to find the best fit for your program.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][vc_column_text]Contributed by Theresa Case whose award-winning Kindermusik program at Piano Central Studios in upstate South Carolina has been inspiring children and families for over 20 years now.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]